Red Cabbage with Apple, Cloves and CinnamonDec 02 2015 · Recipe from Christmas
This fruity concoction is simply delicious. You can prepare this dish in advance and cook it when the turkey is ready to serve—it takes only 10 minutes to prepare.
Serves: 10 – 12
- 1kg red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 Granny Smith/Malang apples, peeled, cored and cut into medium-sized cubes
- 150g raisins, simmered in 50-100ml water until the water has evaporated
- 2 tablespoons vegetables oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a frying pan. Add the vegetable oil and red onion, sauté for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic, cook for 2 minutes. Add the red cabbage and apple.
- Stir constantly until the mixture softens, making sure not to overcook.
- Add the cooked raisin, ground cloves and cinnamon.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Serve.