Plantain and Jackfruit KolakJun 24 2015 ·
The plantain or pisang tanduk has a fresh sour flavour, which gives nice compliment to the sweetness of the palm sugar and coconut mixture. You can blend the kolak mixture finely in room temperature to turn your kolak to ice cream. Transfer the mixture into an ice cream container and put in the refrigerator overnight. You will have delicious homemade plantain and jackfruit ice cream.
- 500gr or 2 ripe plantains with blacken skin; peeled and cut into round shape with around ½ cm thickness
- 250gr ripe jackfruit, removed the seeds from the flesh and cut into 2 pieces
- 150gr or around 25 jackfruit seeds
- 150ml palm sugar syrup
- 1 liter water
- 200ml coconut cream
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped jackfruit for garnish
- Make palm sugar syrup first by boiling 100gr chopped palm sugar block with 100ml water. Simmer for 10 minutes or until all melted with honey consistency. Strain and set aside. Keep the left over syrup for pancake if you wish.
- Put the jackfruit seeds into a large pan and add 1 liter water and then boil in medium heat for 25-30 minutes until tender.
- Remove the beans and leave to cool.
- Add the chopped ripe into boiling water of the jackfruit seeds and cook for another15 minutes.
- Add the sliced banana and cook for extra 10 minutes.
- In the mean time, remove the skin of the jackfruit seeds and add the seeds into the banana mixture.
- Add the coconut milk and salt and simmer for around 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, cool to room temperature then transfer into a big bowl and refrigerate to chill.
- To serve, divide the mixture into 6-10 individual glasses or bowls. Sprinkle each glasses with chopped fresh jackfruit. Serve immediately.