Mulled WineDec 02 2015 · Recipe from Christmas
The spices give a really nice taste to the wine with a hint of orange from the sliced fresh orange. It is very easy to make.
- 2 litres of sababay red velvet
- 2 oranges, sliced with 1cm thickness
- 150-200gr sugar (add more if you like sweet)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 star anis
- 10 whole cloves
- 2 nutmegs, roughly crushed
- Pour 200ml wine into a large pan and add the sliced orange, sugar and all the spices.
- Bring the mixture to simmer in low heat. Let the wine, orange and spices infuse gently and let the sugar completely melt.
- It is a good idea to make a syrup base first and the rest of the wine last. If you put all the wine from the beginning, you will burn off the alcohol.
- Add the rest of the wine and simply bring to simmer. Ladle it into glasses and serve immediately.