Green humus with young soya beansJan 15 2016 · Recipe from New Ideas
This is food for a crowd. It is easy to make and really delicious. It is also very healthy. I simply use water to create nice consistency. You can use extra virgin olive oil or canola for richer taste.
- 500gr fresh soya beans in pods to have 400gr soya beans
- 50gr white sesame seeds
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped finely
- ½ medium onion (around 70gr), peeled and chopped finely
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cumin, roasted and freshly ground
- 150 ml water
- salt to season
Vegetables and pita bread
- 2 red and 1 orange capsicum or bell pepper
- 2 cucumbers
- 2-3 celery sticks, discard the skin
- 2-3 Pita bread, buy ready-made pita bread
- Bring to the boil 1.5 liters water and add 2 tablespoons salt.
- Add the fresh soya beans pod and cook for 15 minutes.
- In the mean time, toast the white sesame in a dry fry pan. Be careful with the heat. It is easy to over roast the seeds. Keep moving the pan constantly over a medium heat by shaking the pan and stirring. Toast just until golden and immediately pour the seeds out on pan into a pestle and mortar. Grind the seeds finely and set aside.
- When the beans are cooked, discard the water and set the beans aside to cool. When it cools, remove the young soya beans from the pod and discard the pod.
- Put the beans into a food processor or strong blender; add the sesame paste, ground cumin, garlic, onion, olive oil, lime juice, water and season with salt. Process it until you have thick smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl and set aside to refrigerator.
- Prepare the vegetables. Washed all vegetables with mineral water. Discard the seeds. Sliced the vegetables lengthwise. Keep the seeds of the cucumbers if you wish.
- Warm the pita bread on a dry fry pan or oven.
- Place the green humus in the middle of a large serving plate. Arrange the vegetable and the pita bread around the bowl. Serve immediately.