Gluten-free and Vegetarian Chocolate Brownies with Speculaas TwistJun 05 2015 · Recipe from New Ideas
This is very easy to make even better if you make them a day before you plan to serve them. No one will say no to these delicious warmly spiced brownies with a touch of ginger, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg with silky chocolate ganache. Also it is gluten-free with rice flour, sago and mung bean flour.
You need a 35x25cm square baking pan
- 150gr rice flour
- 50gr sago
- 50gr mung bean flour
- 300gr dark chocolate, chopped
- 200ml coconut oil
- 300gr coconut sugar or replaced with soft brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 300gr roasted cashew, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 or 2 tablespoons Javara speculaas spice mixed
For the chocolate ganache:
- 100gr dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 100ml coconut milk; ½ teaspoon of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 170 oC.
- Prepare the baking pan, greased with butter and lined with greased parchment paper.
- Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan of barely simmering water. Stir until silky smooth and combined well. Remove the bowl from the saucepan and set aside to cool.
- Combine the flour with spices and salt. Set aside.
Whisk the sugar, eggs, speculaas spiced mixed until combined. Add the melted chocolate and coconut oil and combined well in slow speed.
- Add the flour and cashew and combined well. Don’t over mix it.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan, spread level and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for about 30-35 minutes or until it is set.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely in the baking pan. When cool, remove the brownies, wrap in clingfilm and leave overnight before adding the topping.
- The next day, couple hours before serving, prepare the chocolate ganache. Put the coconut cream in a pan and bring to simmer. Stir from time to time. When is start to boil turn the heat off and add the chocolate and stir until all the chocolate is melted. Then leave to cool and thicken slightly before using.
- Spread the ganache over the top of the brownies. Set aside for 30 minutes before cutting into 24 -28 squares. You may garnish the brownies with anything you like.