Cincau, grass jelly, coconut mousse, cashew soil and palm sugar and cashew brittleMay 22 2014 · Recipe from Java
This is so delicious. The taste of the coconut is not very strong as coconut cream. You may replace the cashew with almond.
For the grass jelly:
- 250ml water
- 50 cincau leaves (cycle barbara mires), you may buy the plants from Jakarta street plants vendor
For the coconut mousse:
- 2 whole young coconut with firm texture not gelatinous texture
For the cashew soil:
- 50gr unsalted roasted cashew, finely ground
- 30gr-granulated palm sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
For the cashew brittle:
- 100 gr unsalted roasted cashew, roughly ground
- 3 cups of sugar
- ½ cup water
- For the grass jelly: Simply wash the cincau leaves and set aside. Put 250ml water into a bowl and tear the cincau leaves with your hand and start to squeeze the leaves in the water. The water will turn green and become a little bit thick. Strain the liquid with fine strainer into a small jug. Then transfer the mixture into a small bread loaf. Put in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or until set.
- For the cashew soil: ground the cashew well and add granulated palm sugar and melted butter. Mix well and set aside.
- For the coconut mousse: simply put the young coconut flesh into a blender and process until the mixture turn silky and smooth. Transfer the mixture into a container and put in the freezer to set for 1 hour.
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar and water and cook over medium heat for 15-10 minutes until the sugar begins to brown. Do not stir at all. Once the sugar begins to brown and reaches the desired caramel colour, remove from the heat.Immediately add the ground cashew and stir quickly and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into a parchment or baking paper, spreading quickly to an even thickness. Make sure it is not too thick. Allow the brittle to cool completely, then break into small pieces.
- To serve,dip the bread loaf tin or the mould you use into some warm water to loosen the jelly a little, then turn it out on plate. Sliced the jelly into 4-6 portions.
- Spread the cashew soil in the middle of a serving plate.
- Add the jelly on the left side. Add the coconut mousse next to the jelly. Sprinkle the cashew brittles. Garnish with red rose petal and serve immediately.